Girls Only!Figure a'holic?

• Singer_Yuna
    Singer_YunaAll along the Watchtower ♪Moderator • lv29
    Offline735 отв.
    11 лет назад
    I got a question...
    There is some people shop a'holic, some alcoholic, some are compulsive gamblers...

I should admit Im a figure a'holic. I love figure bargains...and I also got the nendomadness too...

This is very bad for my wallet, sadly...
    Where are you getting your money for figures? I ran out of ideas...
  • Hachiko
    HachikoRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline12 ответов
    11 лет назад
    I wouldn't say I'm a figure a'holic, especially since I don't have near as many as most people on this site, but I do love bargains! <3 Even if it's a figure I really dislike, I'll want to buy it if it's on sale. I really don't have the money for this, though, so I grab on to that last shred of self control and I save the money for something I really want.

The last job I had went under. The store had to close down. ; ^; I'm currently looking for a job, so I can't spend any money at all. ; A;
    http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/magical-hachiko/hachisig-1.png
  • ShindoW
    ShindoWRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline60 отв.
    11 лет назад
    I don't buy figurines too much and when I do its usually gashapon sets because my gf and I collect together (Evangelion being the greatest example). I usually only get a figure if its one I really want and decently priced.
    hiddengemtoysre...
    HiddenGemToys - Reviews and Advice on collecting anime and video game merchandise!
  • RKasa
    RKasaDeal Hunter ( =₃=)*Very Important Boarder • lv27
    Offline2,072 отв.
    11 лет назад
    I'm a freelancer, so whenever the work/money's good, usually...

I also have a tradition of buying figures (especially pricier ones) around my birthday.

Of course, I love sales like everyone else. Also, I've gotten into prize machine figures in recent years, since they're usually a lot of figure for not very much money!
  • Juno
    JunoRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline69 отв.
    11 лет назад
    aww my god, this is a weak spot....well im a bargains lover....even if is something I dont desire that much I ended buying it....U_U.....
    I LOVE TO BUY FIGURES, but sadly my wallet dosent allow me, being a student isnt cheap, so there goes my money....if am lucky to buy something, I buy a manga to consolate my self....because buying a figure spend double money.....and the only time I can buy figures is in the con......TxT
  • xxangelchanxx
    xxangelchanxxVery Important Boarder • lv20
    Offline462 отв.
    11 лет назад
    Yes i am,every bit of money i get, i try to spend on figures or anime related merchandise.
    http://i.imgur.com/H6dgR.gif
  • Marshmallowpie
    MarshmallowpieVery Important Boarder • lv20
    Offline132 отв.
    11 лет назад
    xxangelchanxxYes i am,every bit of money i get, i try to spend on figures or anime related merchandise.

Putting it that way, I think I am too... I never have money for other things because figure preorders always get in the way. XD
  • Onyx
    OnyxRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline57 отв.
    10 лет назад • Обновлено 10 лет назад
    xxangelchanxxYes i am,every bit of money i get, i try to spend on figures or anime related merchandise.

I'm totally like that, I buy figures till I have no money left.

I am a real figure a'holic, and I love bargains too and I try to buy bargains in priority when I like them.

By looking for bargains, I sometimes found figures of my wishlist at awesome prices.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Onyx/sign.png
  • SilverLynxy
    SilverLynxyRegular Boarder • lv12
    Offline115 отв.
    I only buy figures I really, really love and can't live without... Unfortunately, there's a lot of them. XD Nowadays, I'm THRILLED if I see coverage of a figure convention and find out there aren't any new figures in the works that make me drool. It means I might finally be able to pay down some of my debt! XD
  • ILoveWammy
    ILoveWammyRegular Boarder • lv18
    Offline224 отв.
    10 лет назад
    I LOVE FIGURES!!! IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS, I SPEND MOST OF IT ON FIGURES!!!!
  • SilverLynxy
    SilverLynxyRegular Boarder • lv12
    Offline115 отв.
    10 лет назад
    ILoveWammyI LOVE FIGURES!!! IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS, I SPEND MOST OF IT ON FIGURES!!!! Bold move. I love figures a lot, but if I had that kind of money, I'd definitely go travelling around the world. ^_^
  • Singer_Yuna
    Singer_YunaAll along the Watchtower ♪Moderator • lv29
    Offline735 отв.
    10 лет назад
    I have an update: I've decreased my incoming figures. Just paid the preorder items(only a pair) and saving for xmas general expenses. Next year I can save for more figures! yaaay!
  • archangeli
    archangeliRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline51 отв.
    10 лет назад
    My rules for shopping in general also apply for figures:

1) Don't buy stuff just because it's on sale. Do I really want the junk that no one else was willing to pay full price for? If it's something I've been looking at for a while and it goes on sale, that's different.

2) It has to be pretty, and from a series that I'm collecting. I used to be able to say "Ooooh! Pretty! I like it" and just buy stuff but I don't have space to do that anymore.

3) No nudity. Sexy is fine, partially clothed is fine.

4) Do I have space for it? If it's a little gach toy then sure, but if it's a 50cm tall figure I have to really think about it.

5) The three day rule: if I've seen it and liked it but forgotten about it, I can live without it. If I'm still thinking about it 3 days later (and it meets the other criteria) then I'll buy it.
  • planck-chan
    planck-chanRegular Boarder • lv18
    Offline520 отв.
    10 лет назад
    Nowadays my only income is from my undergraduate research, which is a symbolic value, but I have some savings from my last job, so I try to balance what I can afford month by month. April is going to be wallet-killer cos I have two 'pricy' pre orders (Hetalia one coin set and a Togainu no Chi pillow) so in May I'll try to save as much as I can. For sure this year I still have Natsume and Ciel nendoroid, but who knows if there'll be must-have releases (specially with TnC anime coming out - praying for new Akira figures or re-runs...)? Or if I'll be able to find old sold-out figures that I want for a reasonable price? And there are other items that I usually buy like manga, CDs, concert tickets...
    I'm lucky for dislike girls figures or I'd be ruined! Well, there are a few awesome nendo and figma girls that really tempted me like Luka, BRS or Reimu, but I prefer spend my money with the male figures, so I'm only collecting them.
    But one thing is true: once you started collecting, you always want more and more...
  • Nyx
    NyxRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline81 отв.
    10 лет назад
    While I do spend a lot of money on figures I wouldn't really say I'm completely obsessed. A lot of my money does go to my hobby but usually most of it goes to bills and etc. I do like to sell my figures if I feel I have too many and usually I put the money I get from selling them towards my future pre-orders. That way I try not to dip into my personal funds too much and it also keeps things looking neat ant not over cluttered. :)
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/figurenews/tsukiboardsig.jpg
  • chinkee540
    chinkee540Regular Boarder • lv10
    Offline42 отв.
    10 лет назад
    I just started collecting figures in January of 2010, so I haven't gotten completely out of control yet with my spending habits. However, I do spend a lot of time researching and catching up on everything I've missed. I keep a spreadsheet of the figures that I've bought so far and how much I've spent, and I try to limit myself and keep track that way. The easiest way for me to justify my figure purchase is to thoroughly look for the best price, and make sure I pay less than MSRP, even if it is a figure that is popular and no longer in stock. I also try to create money for figures by trading/selling stuff that I no longer use (like dvds, video games, etc). This helps me clean up my old clutter b/c figures are so much more expensive =P
  • TSOH
    TSOHRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline126 отв.
    hello everyone....I am TSOH and I am a figure-aholic (plus slightly a shopaholic too but those seem to go hand in hand). just tonight as i was making my rounds through hastings anime section (which around here hardly ever gets anything new), i noticed they had one play arts kai vanille. i only had 40 bucks left in my wallet that needed to last me for the rest of the week. however, i simply had to have her, so i spent all of my cash and left hastings with a brand new toy. she is a beautiful new addition, but the one i really wanted was lightning (which they didnt have) and just last week i vowed not to buy any more toys (after buying death note petite nendos) before the anime convention im going to this summer........i have a problem.......no more toys will fit on my shelf =( and i keep buying ones that arent even on my wishlist =(
  • Melody
    MelodyRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline150 отв.
    10 лет назад
    archangeliMy rules for shopping in general also apply for figures:

1) Don't buy stuff just because it's on sale. Do I really want the junk that no one else was willing to pay full price for? If it's something I've been looking at for a while and it goes on sale, that's different.

2) It has to be pretty, and from a series that I'm collecting. I used to be able to say "Ooooh! Pretty! I like it" and just buy stuff but I don't have space to do that anymore.

3) No nudity. Sexy is fine, partially clothed is fine.

4) Do I have space for it? If it's a little gach toy then sure, but if it's a 50cm tall figure I have to really think about it.

5) The three day rule: if I've seen it and liked it but forgotten about it, I can live without it. If I'm still thinking about it 3 days later (and it meets the other criteria) then I'll buy it.

I like your criteria. I think that way sometimes too with the figures on sale. The three day rule is a good one XD
  • bethykins
    bethykinsRegular Boarder • lv20
    Offline1,521 отв.
    10 лет назад
    haha would say im soon becomming a figure a-holic, but the end of the month im about -half my next paycheck as i've begged people to keep figures till the next month for me so i can pay, when i get paid i pay them back, spend the remaining money on more figures and then spend about the last two weeks of the month getting into next months pay again >_< at least it happens every month though :D

been collecting for one year and one month now and my collection is growing steadily ^_______^!
    x
  • Nandeyanen
    NandeyanenRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline110 отв.
    10 лет назад
    I'm pretty sure my obsession with figures has turned me into a hopeless addict by now. Currently trying to kick the Nendoroid habit to focus more on other aspects of my anime collection... and besides, I'm running outta cash! D:
    Ara ara ufufu~
  • Вступите в клуб для участия в обсуждении
  • 41 отв.
Live better. Play more!

Girls Only!4