33 отв.

• 23 отв.
  • TraumaticSherryEustass Kid Loyalist⚓Regular Boarder
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    9 месяцев назад
    General anime and manga discussion here!
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/b1642eb5524f31d3f040138b1ad40aa9/tumblr_otd97jlqjJ1qefcf5o5_r1_250.png
  • ShirohigePopsRegular Boarder
    ShirohigePops
    • Нет
    • 11 месяцев назад
    • California
    9 месяцев назад
    i recently finished watching hunter x hunter(2011) like a month ago and its my second favorite anime now and i miss it so much, i just kept loving it more and more the more that i watched it, i really hope it continues eventually. i bought volume 33 of the manga so i can read what happens after the anime but haven't read it yet, im not sure if i want to or if i should just wait till the manga comes back if it ever even does.

i needed something new to watch so i started watching jojo's bizarre adventure and i really like it so far, im on episode 3. View spoilerHide spoilerdio is such a piece of shit
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    9 месяцев назад
    ShirohigePops (9 месяцев назад) #19941156i recently finished watching hunter x hunter(2011) like a month ago and its my second favorite anime now and i miss it so much, i just kept loving it more and more the more that i watched it, i really hope it continues eventually. i bought volume 33 of the manga so i can read what happens after the anime but haven't read it yet, im not sure if i want to or if i should just wait till the manga comes back if it ever even does.

i needed something new to watch so i started watching jojo's bizarre adventure and i really like it so far, im on episode 3. View spoilerHide spoilerdio is such a piece of shit

HxH is legit one of my favorite series. Normally I am stubborn about getting into long running series but when I heard the second OST for HxH with a bunch of dramatic choir music and such which I never expected not to mention it was from a composer who made one of my favorite OSTs of all time (Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles) that I had to stop being stubborn and try it. It didn't disappoint.

And also good on starting Jojo. Season 1 is great and it only gets better and better each season.
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/b1642eb5524f31d3f040138b1ad40aa9/tumblr_otd97jlqjJ1qefcf5o5_r1_250.png
  • MauxjediRegular Boarder
    Mauxjedi
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Georgia, USA
    9 месяцев назад
    I'm working my way through the Monogatari Series, and I'm currently at the end of season two. It's the best "harem" anime I've seen, but I sort of forget that that's what it is, the story is just so interesting. I'm also watching Gintama on and off, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before, it's actually really funny and self-aware! I actually have Jojo downloaded, and I'm planning on watching either that after this season of Monogatari. As for manga, I'm about 11 chapters into Dorohedoro and love it! It's really dark and gruesome, but funny and upbeat at the same time.
    Please feel free to friend me on Steam!

steamcommunity....
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    9 месяцев назад
    Mauxjedi (9 месяцев назад) #19979455I'm working my way through the Monogatari Series, and I'm currently at the end of season two. It's the best "harem" anime I've seen, but I sort of forget that that's what it is, the story is just so interesting. I'm also watching Gintama on and off, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before, it's actually really funny and self-aware! I actually have Jojo downloaded, and I'm planning on watching either that after this season of Monogatari. As for manga, I'm about 11 chapters into Dorohedoro and love it! It's really dark and gruesome, but funny and upbeat at the same time.

I was actually planning on eventually getting into Dorohedoro because of how amazing and detailed the art is!
    Mauxjedi
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Georgia, USA
    9 месяцев назад
    TraumaticSherry (9 месяцев назад) #19979566

I was actually planning on eventually getting into Dorohedoro because of how amazing and detailed the art is!

Yeah, that was a big draw for me too! I saw a picture of ITEM #464828 on a forum, and I looked the character up in images and loved the style, (it reminded me of my favorite manga, Franken Fran) so I gave it a shot.

steamcommunity....
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    9 месяцев назад
    Mauxjedi (9 месяцев назад) #19979965TraumaticSherry (9 месяцев назад) #19979566

Yeah, that was a big draw for me too! I saw a picture of ITEM #464828 on a forum, and I looked the character up in images and loved the style, (it reminded me of my favorite manga, Franken Fran) so I gave it a shot.

Holy shit I didn't know that series had figures. Also Franken Fran! I read like half of it but put it on hold. It was neat! I liked ittt
  • ShirohigePopsRegular Boarder
    ShirohigePops
    • Нет
    • 11 месяцев назад
    • California
    9 месяцев назад
    TraumaticSherry (9 месяцев назад)HxH is legit one of my favorite series. Normally I am stubborn about getting into long running series but when I heard the second OST for HxH with a bunch of dramatic choir music and such which I never expected not to mention it was from a composer who made one of my favorite OSTs of all time (Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles) that I had to stop being stubborn and try it. It didn't disappoint.
    And also good on starting Jojo. Season 1 is great and it only gets better and better each season.

the OST is one of the reasons i love hxh so much, its so great. i love long running series because if i end up liking something then i always want more of it.

watched another episode of jojo today and still enjoying it.

Mauxjedi (9 месяцев назад) I'm also watching Gintama on and off, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before, it's actually really funny and self-aware!

i love gintama it's one of my favorites it's so hilarious, i love it's sense of humor.
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    9 месяцев назад
    ShirohigePops (9 месяцев назад) #19981094TraumaticSherry (9 месяцев назад)HxH is legit one of my favorite series. Normally I am stubborn about getting into long running series but when I heard the second OST for HxH with a bunch of dramatic choir music and such which I never expected not to mention it was from a composer who made one of my favorite OSTs of all time (Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles) that I had to stop being stubborn and try it. It didn't disappoint.

the OST is one of the reasons i love hxh so much, its so great. i love long running series because if i end up liking something then i always want more of it.

watched another episode of jojo today and still enjoying it.

Also after you finish the anime do read 5, 6 and 7. 5 people tend to be mixed on. It's my fav though. 6 is good too though not my fav. 7 is really good.
  • ReiichiruRegular Boarder
    Reiichiru
    • Нет
    • 10 месяцев назад
    • Ireland
    8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20365683Been watching anime all day,just finished No game No life and it was amazing. Really liked the story, the art and the characters. Now I am 4 episodes in of Tokyo Ghoul and man I am having a great time with this one. What a great day :D

Kinda wish I still had all these classics to go through haha

Recently watched No Game with the BF and he loved it. I think it deserves a season 2 -but God knows if that is ever coming.
    I've been really enjoying Alice and Zoroku from this season.

What sort of things do you usually watch? What's your faves? If you like dark stuff Ajin and Black Lagoon are damn good too
  • AsagoeMad Magician ✨Regular Boarder
    Asagoe
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Planeptune
    8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20408513
    As far as my favorites I like Ghost in the shell, Serial experiments lain, Ergo Proxy. I also like One Piece, Berserk, Claymore, Gantz, etc.

I will watch Black lagoon it looks really good, Aijin looks great too so thanks I now have 2 shows to look forward too.

You like horror, yeah? Did you ever watch Paranoia Agent, Shiki, Another, or Higurashi When They Cry? Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but I really enjoyed them.
    Mauxjedi
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Georgia, USA
    8 месяцев назад
    So I just started JoJo last night after a looooot of people telling me to start it. I'm about 5 episodes in, and I really like it, but I'm not sure if it's good, if that makes sense. I enjoy the style, and the art, how dramatic it is, but it seems like it's being super over the top on purpose, almost to comedic effect? I tried to stay away from anything JoJo related in the past because I knew I'd watch it one day and I don't like spoilers, but I'm wondering if there's something I missed about the show as a result... I do enjoy it so far though!

Asagoe (8 месяцев назад)You like horror, yeah? Did you ever watch Paranoia Agent, Shiki, Another, or Higurashi When They Cry? Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but I really enjoyed them.

I like horror as well! Back when I first started watching anime I kept seeing the show "Ghost Hunt" being talked about as the scariest anime,but it didn't really strike me as scary, so I stopped looking for horror anime. I did love When They Cry and Another though! I'll definitely check out the others you two mentioned.

steamcommunity....
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    8 месяцев назад • Обновлено 8 месяцев назад
    Mauxjedi (8 месяцев назад) #20436610So I just started JoJo last night after a looooot of people telling me to start it. I'm about 5 episodes in, and I really like it, but I'm not sure if it's good, if that makes sense. I enjoy the style, and the art, how dramatic it is, but it seems like it's being super over the top on purpose, almost to comedic effect? I tried to stay away from anything JoJo related in the past because I knew I'd watch it one day and I don't like spoilers, but I'm wondering if there's something I missed about the show as a result... I do enjoy it so far though!

That pretty much is the point of Jojo. It's camp value. You're kinda supposed to laugh at it. Or at least that's what we typically do when we watch or read it. Yet you'll actually come to care about the characters so it has a little more going for it than just comedy. If you like the shounen genre and if you appreciate camp then you'll like Jojo. If you don't it might just not be for you.

Also gonna note that Phantom Blood, aka part 1/season 1 is often considered the weakest albiet still good.

It sounda like you like it though. But maybe consider it not to be a literature master piece? Which might be true. To me though I say it's the characters, camp, and aesthetic that make Jojo. Not so much the actual plot
    Mauxjedi
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Georgia, USA
    8 месяцев назад
    TraumaticSherry (8 месяцев назад) #20436902

That pretty much is the point of Jojo. It's camp value. You're kinda supposed to laugh at it. Or at least that's what we typically do when we watch or read it. Yet you'll actually come to care about the characters so it has a little more going for it than just comedy. If you like the shounen genre and if you appreciate camp then you'll like Jojo. If you don't it might just not be for you.

Also gonna note that Phantom Blood, aka part 1/season 1 is often considered the weakest albiet still good.

It sounda like you like it though. But maybe consider it not to be a literature master piece? Which might be true. To me though I say it's the characters, camp, and aesthetic that make Jojo. Not so much the actual plot

I certainly do enjoy camp, and Shounen is pretty good, but I don't watch a whole lot of it anymore.
    I am enjoying it so far, I just didn't know if I was supposed to think it was campy or cheesy or not! But yeah, I didn't think the plot was that great so far, but it is interesting and the characters are pretty fun. Actually you and ShirohigePops were the ones who convinced me to start it, so thanks!

steamcommunity....
    TraumaticSherry
    • Нет
    • 3 года назад
    • South Blue
    8 месяцев назад
    Mauxjedi (8 месяцев назад) #20437884TraumaticSherry (8 месяцев назад) #20436902

I certainly do enjoy camp, and Shounen is pretty good, but I don't watch a whole lot of it anymore.
    I am enjoying it so far, I just didn't know if I was supposed to think it was campy or cheesy or not! But yeah, I didn't think the plot was that great so far, but it is interesting and the characters are pretty fun. Actually you and ShirohigePops were the ones who convinced me to start it, so thanks!

Oh I am honored!! Yeah and honestly even if the camp wasnt intended, that is what everyone generally gets out of it anyway haha.
    Reiichiru
    • Нет
    • 10 месяцев назад
    • Ireland
    8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20408513

I know haha those are classics by now is just that back when they came out I skipped those shows for some reason. Yeah I hope we get a second season of No game No life, I really enjoyed it. Well I like a little bit of everything to be honest, there is not a specific genre that I am into so if it is good I will watch it.

As far as my favorites I like Ghost in the shell, Serial experiments lain, Ergo Proxy. I also like One Piece, Berserk, Claymore, Gantz, etc.

I will watch Black lagoon it looks really good, Aijin looks great too so thanks I now have 2 shows to look forward too.

How about you? What are your faves? :D

Oh man. When you're on YT all these shows link to each other. I haven't finished Lain yet, but Ergo was great. I'm waiting for myself to forget the plot enough to enjoy it a second time. Maybe with friends. We usually play it each year at Anime Soc. I'm not really into such MANLY anime (like claymore, and gantz). I did enjoy Berserk but I am starting to hate the current seasons.

[I get that it might all just be 'what war is like' but it's breaching on too gritty for me and with few redeeming elements. I'm very fed up with Casca -and all the female characters bar Luca (and she's not even /that/ great).]

Ajin uses 3d animation, but if you're used to it after Berserk you should be fine :P

Well I like things that are garbage. So I usually find out what others like before recommending stuff. I'll watch just about anything. Some of my faves would be
    Magical Girl Nanoha, FMA, AKB0048 (it started as a joke now I love it), I enjoyed Flip Flappers, Black Lagoon was cool AF, Hellsing Ultimate too. Read or Die is a good oldie, though it jumps the shark. I enjoy cute magical girls who kick @$$ and hella cool mercs >:3
    Reiichiru
    • Нет
    • 10 месяцев назад
    • Ireland
    8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20455265

I love Ergo Proxy and Lain, I watch both every year it is a tradition by now haha. I have not seen any of those shows you mention but I will make sure to check them out. I finished Tokyo Ghoul yesterday and wow it was sooooo good, now I have to watch the second season.

Yeah Berserk is very crude at times but like you said war is just like that (taking away the supernatural elements of course), so I think it does a good job at showing the horrors of violence and revenge. Especially back in those days were anything and everything was allowed in the name of war and religion.

Have you seen the older Berserk anime or just the new one?

Hellsing is the coolest. You want some monstrous vampires? OK. And real good characters. There's alsi an original series from the 1990s, but the remastered version (hellsing ultimate) is so good.
    Ohh awesome! I hope it gets more seasons it was a really good show. Who is your fave?

I don't really think it does show violence and victimisation well. From my point of view it's getting hard to ensure. This series just is showing that women are victims again and again.
    View spoilerHide spoiler
    Rich chick isn't strong enough and is attacked (though otherwise her plot if being rich and useless in battle is great)
    Casca, okay yes of course she's lost her mind. But oh has she fallen. She's just a pretty face who needs saving now
    Luca is decent. But still needs to be rescued.
    Blond refugee girl had a good plot, but still wasn't a good person.
    And they never take the time to really reflect on how bad it is to be a victim in a mature manner. Or at least, if they do, not enough considering how much violence against women there is.

It gets hard to watch while reading about all the crazy stuff happening in our own world and what kind of fate I could have. There dosent seem to be a.. Good role model from Berserk. It's hard to not finish an episode with a sense of genuine fear. But maybe that's the goal?

Lastly don't get me wrong. I can be fine with this kind of violence. Hellsing did it well (she becomes a caring but killer fighter it's great), psycho pass did it well (it portrayed that hurting others can infect them with negative thoughts. But berserk just says 'women get attacked like meat unless men save them' and that dosent feel good at all :p

I watched both. Though my memories are weak now since it was easily 6 years ago now. I think I may have missed the last episode (but I often forget what happened in the last episodes).
    Sorry if this was A little overwhelming. I really like anime. And I was looking forward to berserk so I'm pretty annoyed that it's being so meh.
    Asagoe
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Planeptune
    8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20451812

Another is one on my list, once I am finished with Tokyo Ghoul I will watch it. I did not like When they cry? to be honest, it started fine but then it became boring to me. Paranoia agent and Shiki those ones I will check them out.

What kind of anime do you like? maybe I can also recommend you a few

I like silly/stupid comedies, giant robots fighting each other (or aliens) in space, slice of life shows where nothing happens, and trope filled shoujo anime.
    Asagoe
    • Нет
    • 1 год назад
    • Planeptune
    8 месяцев назад • Обновлено 8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20468947Asagoe (8 месяцев назад) #20465205

I like silly/stupid comedies, giant robots fighting each other (or aliens) in space, slice of life shows where nothing happens, and trope filled shoujo anime.

Me too, I also like silly comedies and slice of life shows. Don't know if you have already seen these:

-Seiren
    -Masamune Kun no revenge
    -Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai
    -Mangaka san to assistant san
    -Goldenboy
    -Great teacher onizuka
    -Welcome to the NHK
    -School rumble
    -Watamote
    -Prison school

I really enjoyed watching those, some are well known and others not much, but good shows nevertheless :D

Prison School was hilarious. I'm never going to forget that shower scene. Never. I haven't seen the two from the 90's, but I like the rest of these except for Masamune-kun's revenge. I'm still mad at that show for luring me in and slapping me with that ending.
    Reiichiru
    • Нет
    • 10 месяцев назад
    • Ireland
    8 месяцев назад
    BlackSwordsman09 (8 месяцев назад) #20470413 :)

I liked the girl with short brown hair (chika?). She's a darling :3
    There's some nice dubs of the songs too. I could barely get through the torture parts of Tokyo ghoul. It definitely made me worry I would not finish the anime the same person xD

I agree it is interesting to see an (old?!) opinion shown like this. Debatably is not old and gone at all (see warfare).

So that's why I feel bad slating it for this. I think it's important to show this reality. Maybe it would push people to try protect the weak. But it dosent focus on emphasing with the viewer just... Shocking? Them.
    I was hoping casca would eventually wake up and Fuck people up :(

It's not necessarily that I want all the women to suddenly fail equal rights in a medieval setting. Just one or two to be at least as good as the robber kid :/
    I guess I just don't have the stomach for it. I agree that the focus is in just cool fights and horrific imagery.

Not at all. I love to discuss this stuff. My anime group got pretty trigger friendly and e couldn't watch stuff like Pyscho pass :/
    I've always felt it's good to show these good things in media (in the appropriate manner (which again is my issue with berserk, the tone is lacking)). Thus way we can discuss these important topics and have a perspective from how the anime approaches it.
  • 23 отв.
  • Вступите в клуб для участия в обсуждении