DS90
Regular Boarder

DS90

Онлайн Нет
Уровень 6
Регистрация 1 год назад
Сообщений 2

7 месяцев назад
Hi everyone, just joined this club. Great to see some UK representation here :)

Just wondering if anybody has any experience shipping to Canada from the UK? I have unfortunately had to sell a few of my figures due to space restraints and one has sold on ebay to a Canadian buyer. Problem is that the Post Office is telling me that anything classed as toys can't be sent to Canada. Upon further investigation, I came across this information:

[ext link ]

"Toys" is listed second from bottom, apparently due to the plastics content.

I don't want to lie on a customs declaration in case the package gets opened or destroyed and I end up having to refund the seller + lose the item as well. My sister sent something to the USA once and even though it was within guidelines (nail varnish of a quantity BELOW the maximum limit), she had a letter turn up stating that what she'd sent was classed as dangerous and had been destroyed in a controlled explosion!

So basically, is it impossible to send a figurine to Canada? Ironically I once purchased one from NCSX which (if I remember rightly) is located IN Canada. I know the export rules might be different to import but I still find that ironic.

Literally had no idea that Canada was this strict...how do collector's there buy anything?!? Any help or experience would be appreciated :)

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Онлайн Нет
Уровень 18
Регистрация 2 года назад
Сообщений 1334
Местожительство Scotland

7 месяцев назад
I've sent figures to Canada with 'Figure' on the box (and 'figure parts' for nendoroid parts), and everything's got to the buyers safely... No one at the post office said a word about it, and I always deal directly with the staff because the post office is so small.
Обновлено 7 месяцев назад #20043970

DS90
Regular Boarder

DS90

Онлайн Нет
Уровень 6
Регистрация 1 год назад
Сообщений 2

7 месяцев назад
Thanks for the reply :)

That was the sort of thing I wanted to hear. The PO here is seriously strict compared to other branches I have been into so I never know if I can trust what they are saying. They measured the size of the box with a piece of string!

I'm still a bit cautious given those guidelines I found online but surley there are lots of collectors in Canada importing these kinds of things all the time? I will send it anyway and hope for the best I guess. I've sent so much stuff all around the world before without even considering these in-depth restrictions and never lied on declaration forms as to the contents.

Наверх ↑

Вступите в клуб для участия в обсуждении